Initial Setup and Sensor Attachment
1. Should I buy “SafeWander Sensor“ or “SafeWander Sensor + Gateway“？
1. Should I buy “SafeWander Sensor“or“SafeWander Sensor＋Gateway“？
SafeWander can be used with or without the Gateway。
If your mobile device is in the same room as the Sensor, you do not need a Gateway or WiFi.
If you monitor the Sensor from a different room or from anywhere, you need to buy a Gateway. WiFi in the bedroom is also required.
How long does it take to set up SafeWander and what are the steps?
It should take less than 10 minutes for you to set up SafeWander, by following the steps below:
(1) Plug the Gateway to an outlet near the bed；
(2) Download the SafeWander App；
(3) Register the user, patient, Sensor and Gateway；
(4) Attach the Sensor to the clothes.
What mobile device do I need?
You Apple or Android phone or tablet must have Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) in order to mentor your SafeWander Sensor. Your Apple device must support iOS 10. Example devices include:
· iPhone 5 or later
· iPod Touch 6 or later
· iPad 4/air/pro or later
· Google Nexus 4/5/6 or later
· Samsung Galaxy S4 or later
· Samsung Note 3/4/5 or later
Note: SafeWander Android app is a beta version. The official version will be released by the end of 2017.
Is WiFi required?
To use the Gateway for remote monitoring, SafeWander requires strong WiFi signal (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz) in the room.
However, if your mobile device and Sensor are in the same room, they will automatically communicate via their built-in Bluetooth, without going though the Gateway. In that situation, no WiFi is required.
Where do I plug in the Gateway?
Plug the Gateway into the adaptor (included in the package) and then plug it into a wall outlet close to the patient’s bed, ideally within 5 ft. This distance is limited by the Bluetooth Low Energy range between the Sensor and the Gateway in order to save the Sensor battery.
Leave the Gateway in the outlet at all times, even when the Sensor is not in use.
How do I complete the initial registrations on my mobile device?
You must turn Bluetooth on in your mobile device.
For Android devices with OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) or later, you must turn on Location service.
(1) Open the App. Create a User Account with your email address and password.
(2) Enter your patient’s name. You have an option to take a photo of the patient by tapping the patient icon. Tap Save on the top right.
(3) Tap New Sensor to register your Sensor. Turn on the Sensor by pushing and holding the button on the Sensor for 3 seconds until a light flashes on the Sensor.
(4) Tap New Gateway to register your Gateway. Make sure that the Gateway power light is on; push the button on the Gateway once and the available WiFi networks’ SSID* will appear on the screen. Select your WiFi and enter the WiFi password. Once connected, the WiFi, IP Address, Internet and Cloud lights on the Gateway should all light up in green.
*Android users: the SSID of your WiFi must be 20 characters or less.
Where do I attach the Sensor?
SafeWander detects your patient’s getting up by monitoring his/her body position. The alert is issued when the upper body’s angle in flexion direction exceeds a threshold. To avoid false alerts, you must attach the Sensor to tight-fitting clothing, including T-shirts, pajamas, underwear, and briefs. Some of the ideal sensor locations are shown below, but we encourage you to experiment and find the most reliable location of the sensor for your patient .
How do I attach the Sensor?
Warning: After attaching the sensor to clothing, make sure that the SafeWander logo is visible and parallel with the ground when the patient is standing.